Search
  • English English
  • Italiano Italiano
  • Deutsch Deutsch
  • Français Français
English
/
  • CHF
  • EUR
  • USD
CHF
/
  • Tax incl.
  • Tax excl.
Tax incl.
/
Register

ARVI THE SWISS VAULT OF FINE AND RARE WINES

Château Rouget Pomerol Bordeaux Francia

75150600
2020100+
2019Sold out1

Delivery

We will help you organize the shipment to your desired address. During the check-out process we will suggest the most suitable shipping service depending on the quantity ordered and time frame.

Collection in shop (Melano)

You can save on shipping costs by collecting your wines directly at our shop. Currently, this option is only available at our ARVI Headquarters in Melano, Via Pedemonte di Sopra 1.

Store in Wine Vault

ARVI also offers a professional storage service, in which you can cellar your wines with us at ideal conditions. For more information about the terms and pricing, please click here.


Learn more about

Château Rouget

Château Rouget appeared in Pomerol's land register as early as 1700 and is considered one of the first official Crus of Pomerol. It is at this time, that the Bayonne family built their château. The last member of the family involved in the estate was Pierre Bayonne, who was also the mayor of Pomerol under the First Empire. However, for most of the estate’s existence, it remained in the shadows of its more famous neighbors. This trend however, began to change when it was sold to Jean-Pierre Labruyère in 1992. He invested heavily, redoing the vinification cellar and replanting parts of its vineyard (which included the removal of the lesser successful Cabernet Sauvignon). Therefore, thanks to the efforts of the Labruyère family, Rouget was able to restore its former glory. The famed, Michel Rolland was also hired in 1997 as a consultant. Rouget’s vineyards are planted to mostly Merlot (85%) with the remaining being Cabernet Franc (15%). Over the years, the style of the house has evolved and it tends to be more full-throttled with lots of impressive density, richness and spicy fruit.
Read More... Read Less...
Picture of Château Rouget
Top
Top