Château Bélair was renamed Château Bélair-Monange following its purchase by the Moueix family in 2008. Its location could not get much better being a close neighbor of Château d'Ausone and sitting directly on Saint-Émilion's limestone plateau. Bélair-Monange is an ancient property. It was established in at least the 14th century and its owners remained the same for several centuries. In 1916, it was purchased by Edouard Dubois-Challon, the owner of Ausone. When his daughter-in-law took over in 1974, she hired Pascal Delbeck as winemaker. Upon her death, he inherited all her properties but was unable to pay for the taxes and other maintenance costs. So, in 2006, the firm JP Moueix bought a minority share and was able to secure the rest in 2008. In memory of Anne-Adèle Monange, mother of Jean-Pierre Moueix and first woman from the family to settle in Saint-Émilion in 1931, the vineyard was renamed from the vintage 2008: Château Bélair-Monange. This same year, the Moueix family decided to merge together the vineyards of its neighboring property, Magdelaine.